Re: [Devel] FT 2.1.2 - rotation "bug"

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: Re: [Devel] FT 2.1.2 - rotation "bug"
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:45:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Scott Long wrote:

> >What decision is made with rotation matrix?
> >Will FT 2.1.3 be compatible in this subject with FT 2.1.2
> >or with <= FT 2.1.1 ?
> >
> >In my opinion it's dangerous to change API (so leaving compatible
> >with
> >2.1.2). Installing new (minor) version of library shouldn't break
> >all programs written before. And it will.
>
> Are you referring to the rotation bug where the rotated text gets
> rotated through twice the angle it should have been rotated? But only
> when autohinting is ON? I thought that bug went away..

No, no.

> If you are talking about a different bug, which one are you referring
> to? The double-rotation bug was really nasty IMHO, and deserved to get
> fixed even if it broke some programs..

Isuue I'm talking about was discused here:
  http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2002-June/003562.html

Question:
  I fear we have to add a big exclamation mark that the transformation
  functions were incorrect in previous versions.  Still using the
  incorrect functions is perhaps not a good idea...

  Alternatively, we could introduce new functions for `correct'
  multipication.  While this may be backwards compatible, it is really
  extremely bizarre IMHO.
was asked here:
  http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2002-June/003565.html

Sorry for not complete information, but FT_Library_Version was my main
problem this time.

Jan

 |_| | | | \|                 http://www.pm.waw.pl/~jslupski