Re: [Devel] FT 2.1.2 - FT_Library_Version bugs?

From: Scott Long
Subject: Re: [Devel] FT 2.1.2 - FT_Library_Version bugs?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:53:13 -0700

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:21:22 +0200 (CEST)
 Jan Slupski <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi!

First of all
This function retuns 2, 1, 0 in FreeType 2.1.2.

This is quite important because of incompatibility
between 2.1.0 & 2.1.2 versions of Freetype (with rotated texts)
[...]
PS.
What decision is made with rotation matrix?
Will FT 2.1.3 be compatible in this subject with FT 2.1.2 or with <= FT 2.1.1 ?

In my opinion it's dangerous to change API (so leaving compatible with
2.1.2). Installing new (minor) version of library shouldn't break
all programs written before. And it will.

Are you referring to the rotation bug where the rotated text gets rotated through twice the angle it should have been rotated? But only when autohinting is ON? I thought that bug went away..

If you are talking about a different bug, which one are you referring to? The double-rotation bug was really nasty IMHO, and deserved to get fixed even if it broke some programs..

Regards,

Scott Long
SwiftView, Inc. http://www.swiftview.com