Re: [Devel] key stroke order

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] key stroke order
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:38:10 +0200 (CEST)

> I would like to know if the stroke order information for
> drawing Chinese and Japanese characters is store into
> a TTF file.

Not the real one -- the strokes are stored as outlines basically; in
case of composite fonts like mingli these outlines do overlap.  The
order of outlines is completely unrelated to the order of strokes a
person would write the characters.

> My goal is to create a picture from each character and display in it
> the character plus the stroke order (from what point to what point,
> etc....)

I fear that FreeType isn't very helpful here.  Years ago I've seen
special Chinese fonts (for educational purposes IIRC) which do what
you want.  Unfortunately, I can't remember how this program was
called.  Maybe a search in the internet gives you more information.