[Devel] 2.0.4 in preparation

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] 2.0.4 in preparation
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:36:27 +0200

Hello,

  I'd like to announce that the 2.0.4 release is under
  preparation. I've just tagged the current CVS sources
  with "VER-2-0-4" and will perform the following today
  and tomorrow:

     - testing, to see if it doesn't break binaries
       or source compiles of a few famous packages
       (Pango, among other thins)

     - adding a "debian/" directory in order to
       automatically create Debian packages for the library
       (thanks a lot to Anthony Fok for providing the
        necessary files)

  If someones wants to contribute a rpm definition files,
  I'm all for it :-) (Please be distribution agnostic)

     NOTE THAT THESE PACKAGES WILL HAVE THE TRUETYPE BYTECODE
     INTERPRETER DISABLED BY DEFAULT. I don't know if this
     would conflict with certain Linux installations, so let
     me know about this.. Maybe we could add a configure
     flags (like --truetype-interpreter or something more
     meaningful to the normal Linux user ??)

  After the 2.0.4 release, I'll create a CVS branch in order
  to incorporate the new hitning sub-system. This will take
  some time, since I've been rather, err.., creative, with
  the FT2 sources to do my research, so it will need some
  cleanup :-)

  This will allow us to to a 2.0.5 release if some important
  bugs are found, before 2.1 is finally comes..

  And then, we'll certainly need to organise another FreeType
  meeting to discuss the upcoming FTLayout engine as well as
  the MLib and a few other top-secret projects I can't tell
  about just yet..

  Before organising anything, I'd like to know who would be
  interested in such a meeting (it will most probably be in
  Europe, with France & Germany being strong candidates
  depending on the availabilities of all of us).

Feel free to comment !!

Regards,

- David