[Devel] freetype and rich-edit-text

From: Eric Cabot
Subject: [Devel] freetype and rich-edit-text
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:17:16 -0400

Hello, our application uses rich-edit-text and we are looking at the possibility of using freetype
so that our application can run on either Windows, Linux, etc..

I was wondering how to get a FT_Face object from the data returned by my rich-edit-text
as the documentation on FT_Face is about building a new FT_Face from a file ...
Not quite what we want.

This is how we would like it to work :
for each character in rich-edit-text buffer
        get font info from current character
        if info.fontsize OR info.bold OR info.italic OR info.fontname OR info.underline changes then
                delete current FT_Face
                let's build a new FT_Face from this info (size,bold,italic,fontname,underline)
        else
                continue with current FT_Face
        endif
        glyph_index = FT_Get_Char_Index( face, charcode );
        etc... (in our case we will use the outline API to create bezier curves)
end for each character

Any suggestion on this topic ?

Thanks !

Eric Cabot