Re: [Devel] PureC

From: Wolfgang Domröse
Subject: Re: [Devel] PureC
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:31:42 GMT

>Instead of your solution I suggest that you simply redefine
>FT_IMAGE_TAG to return an integer:
>
>  #define FT_IMAGE_TAG( a, b, c, d )  \
>            ( (unsigned int)a << 8 | (unsigned int)b )

it was my first step to do it like this. Besides the fact that damned old PureC
doesnt work with typeconversion in constants, it works with (a<<8)|b - I think
this is ANSI. An implicit type-conversion to int is done.

But the whole thing seemes to make no sence, as you suggested in your mail to
david. And of course the same question occurs: is this legal?

>We can provide this
>
>  #ifndef FT_IMAGE_TAG
>  #define FT_IMAGE_TAG ...
>  #endif
>
>in ftimage.h so that you can put your redefinition into a
>Atari-specific subdirectory (`builds/tos' or `builds/atari').

Yes, of course it should be done clean in this way.

>David, what do you think about abandoning FT_IMAGE_TAG altogether?
>What was the original intention for it?  A simple enumeration (as
>pointed out by Wolfgang) should also work.
>
>Wolfgang, may I ask that you contribute your changes after finishing
>the port?

Of course!!
Wolfgang Domroese