Re: [Devel] PureC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] PureC
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:53:31 +0200 (CEST)

> I want to compile FreeType2 on TOS (this is -if you have forgotten-
  the OS of ATARI). Besides this, I want to compile with PureC which
  is not a traditional but an ancient compiler. I want to do so,
  because I want to link the library to
  PurePascal/PureAssembler-Programs.

Good luck!  FreeType 2 is rather tightly bound to ANSI C...

>   typedef enum  FT_Glyph_Format_
>   {
>     ft_glyph_format_none      = 0,
>     ft_glyph_format_composite = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'c', 'o', 'm', 'p' ),
>     ft_glyph_format_bitmap    = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'b', 'i', 't', 's' ),
>     ft_glyph_format_outline   = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'o', 'u', 't', 'l' ),
>     ft_glyph_format_plotter   = FT_IMAGE_TAG( 'p', 'l', 'o', 't' )
>
>   } FT_Glyph_Format;
>
> PureC only allows INT as element of enumeration. So what can I do?

Instead of your solution I suggest that you simply redefine
FT_IMAGE_TAG to return an integer:

  #define FT_IMAGE_TAG( a, b, c, d )  \
            ( (unsigned int)a << 8 | (unsigned int)b )

We can provide this

  #ifndef FT_IMAGE_TAG
  #define FT_IMAGE_TAG ...
  #endif

in ftimage.h so that you can put your redefinition into a
Atari-specific subdirectory (`builds/tos' or `builds/atari').

David, what do you think about abandoning FT_IMAGE_TAG altogether?
What was the original intention for it?  A simple enumeration (as
pointed out by Wolfgang) should also work.

Wolfgang, may I ask that you contribute your changes after finishing
the port?