Re: [FT2 Status] PSAux module completed

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: [FT2 Status] PSAux module completed
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:09:05 +0100

At 5:11 PM +0200 23-08-2000, David Turner wrote:
>Hello,
>
>  the new "psaux" module is completed. It contains all the common routines
>  used by the "type1z" and "cid" drivers to parse Type 1 fonts.

Unfortunately, I can't compile psaux.c:

Error   : object 'ps_table_funcs' redefined
psmodule.c line 6   const PS_Table_Funcs    ps_table_funcs =

Error   : object 't1_parser_funcs' redefined
psmodule.c line 16   const T1_Parser_Funcs   t1_parser_funcs =

Error   : object 't1_builder_funcs' redefined
psmodule.c line 34   const T1_Builder_Funcs  t1_builder_funcs =

Error   : object 't1_decoder_funcs' redefined
psmodule.c line 48   const T1_Decoder_Funcs  t1_decoder_funcs =

I know there were similar problems with various drivers in earlier
versions, but they disappeared after you changed something... I don't know
what exactly :-(

It has something to do with my compiler not liking static forward
declarations for structs. Sorry, I can't be more precise, I'm simply too
incompetent...

>  By the way, I'd like to point out that the floating point parsing
>  routines do not liberaly truncate the values and use the maximal
>  possible precision. For example, "0.001" is _not_ read as 65536/1000
>  as Just suggested a few days ago :-)

A few weeks is more like it... I'll have a look if I can see what exactly I
meant back then. In the meantime, I'll just take your word ;-)

Just