sfnt wrapped PostScript CID fonts [was: Sfnt wrapped sbit support (i.e.

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: sfnt wrapped PostScript CID fonts [was: Sfnt wrapped sbit support (i.e. TrueType without outline)]
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:16:14 -0400 (EDT)

Reading about the sfnt "wrapped" CID fonts, I realized that there is
another form of CID fonts out there: Adobe has PostScript CID fonts
wrapped in a sfnt resource (this is for the Macintosh)

Just, I am wondering: how hard is it for the macfond module to read
such a font?

Also, one can save such a font out into a data fork file (to make it
like a Windows/UNIX TrueType font.  So, theoretically, these fonts
might be useful for Linux/UNIX users out there...

David, how hard would it be to add support for these types of fonts?
The version at the head of the sfnt is 'typ1', and you'll know if it
has PostScript CID data if there is a 'CID ' table, but no 'TYP1'
table.  Adobe has a tech note which describes in more detail what a
sfnt wrapped PostScript CID font is.

Tom