Re: Sfnt wrapped sbit support (i.e. TrueType without outline)

From: Yamano-uchi, Hidetoshi
Subject: Re: Sfnt wrapped sbit support (i.e. TrueType without outline)
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 14:26:02 +0900

Hello,

From: "Yamano-uchi, Hidetoshi" <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:37:05 +0900

> > * ftview with some sfntCID bitmap (without outline) files fails.
> >   Because there are invalied with TrueType specification.
> >   (head, hhea, hdmx, etc. are missing)
> >   It is convinient to support these font files with FreeType2.

I modified src/sfnt/sfobjs.c to handle sfnt wrapped CID bitmap font
file.  (i.e. "TrueType" without OUTLINE :)

I bundle the patch with this mail.

* FT_FLAG_FIXED_SIZE is turned on when TTF has sbits.
And FT_FLAG_SCALABLE is turned off when TTF does not have outlines.

* ftview works well.  But you want to show invalied size bitmap font,
ftview shuts "TT_Load_Glyph: could not access glyph table."

And I wrote a preliminary draft of ftdump for FreeType2.

-- Sample --
There is 1 face in this file.
----- Face number: 0 -----
font name entries