freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] Testing graphics drawn by FreeSCI drivers

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Testing graphics drawn by FreeSCI drivers
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:23:46 -0700

Alex,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 07:32:24PM -0000, Alex Angas wrote:
> Thanks. This wasn't set up to compile under Visual Studio so I've done that
> now.

  Thanks for fixing that!

> When executing however I get a crash as follows because *mgr isn't
> initialised:
>
> fsci.dll!scir_test_resource(resource_mgr_t * mgr=0x00000000, int type=0, int
> number=0)  Line 532 + 0xc bytes
> fsci.dll!gfxr_interpreter_get_resources(gfx_resstate_t * state=0x003f1868,
> gfx_resource_types_t type=GFX_RESOURCE_TYPE_VIEW, int version=0, int *
> entries_nr=0x0012fccc, void * internal=0x00000000)  Line 224 + 0x11
> bytes
[...]

  Ah.  This is a linkage problem that may require some trickery on the
build side...: it should not be calling this particular function.
Instead, gfx_test.c provides its own implementation of that function.

  Ideally, you would tell the linker to let gfx_test.c override all
functions defined in fsci.dll (note that this doesn't work if
intra-dll symbols have already been resolved at that point...).

  If that's not possible, I suggest adding a compile parameter for
fsci.dll that eliminates these symbols (meaning that you'll have two
different build paths for fsci.dll, of which one builds
``fsci-partial.dll'' or somesuch... not great, but not terribly
painful considering that it's only used for one special-purpose
testing tool.)

> Just a note that I'm using stable.

  Please note that we're focussing our implementation efforts on
glutton at this point.  (If I may ask, what's the status of glutton on
Visual Studio?)

  Thanks,

-- Christoph