freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] run.sh needs a little fix

From: Joao Pedrosa
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] run.sh needs a little fix
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:55:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

--- Laurent Julliard <address@hidden> wrote:
> Joao Pedrosa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had to add `-Ifreebase/lib/' to run.sh.
> >
> > ruby -I. -Iso -Iredist -Ifreebase/lib/ freeride.rb
> >

> Are you sure you have the latest run.bat? It already
> have this fix in it.

Yes, run.bat does have it. I thought run.bat and
run.sh had the same contents and I didnt bother
looking into run.bat. :-)

> > I just installed fox 1.0.36, fxscintilla 1.51 and
> > fxruby 1.0.21 without problems, except that I had
> > install fox with --prefix=/usr because fxscintilla
> > didnt find the version of fox when fox was
> installed
> > in /usr/local (I am saying this here just to
> document
> > it. hehe).
> >

> Thanks for the update on the various versions you
> use. By the way what
> version of Ruby do you run?

Ruby 1.8 latest from cvs :-)

> > I am running freeride latest from cvs and mandrake
> 9.
> >
> > Laurent: Do you have any problems with dead keys
> on
> > linux ? or more specifically, with scintilla ?
> >

> I have a US keyboard not an AZERTY one. However I
> have a multikey
> setup with X11 (Ctrl-right) to compose accented
> letters (e.g CTRL-'-e
> gives an eacute) and it clearly doesn't work with
> fxscintilla 1.49.1.
> A 'NUL' character is inserted instead. May be there
> is setting in
> fxscintilla to accept this kind of character
> sequences. I cc'ed Gilles
> on this message. May I'll have an idea.

I like the way KDE and Gnome (gtk) handle dead keys,
because it works with them (most o the time :-)).
Even Scite has problems with dead keys for me.

We have a linux distro called Conectiva that is
developed by Portuguese native language people that I
should install one of these days to see how well
it handles dead keys.

> Laurent
>
> > Thanks,
> > Joao