freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] New List Member

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] New List Member
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:48:35 -0800

address@hidden wrote:

> My problem is that I am so spoiled by the Java IDE, Intellij IDEA,
> that even though the Ruby language is superior to Java the Intellij
> IDEA is just so good, that it is difficult to leave.  It seems that
> FreeRide is looking to fill this basic gap.  I do plan to start using
> Ruby regularly and will hopefully be able to contribute to this
> project.

I understand completely. I discovered Ruby two only two months after
discovering IntelliJ IDEA. I've always said that if we just did a Ruby clone
of IntelliJ IDEA we would really have something fantastic.

But we can, in many ways, go beyond IntelliJ IDEA. Its just a matter of time
and effort -- think of it as an opportunity!

Curt

PS
    Oh yeah, welcome!