freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] Debugger disabled?

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Debugger disabled?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:13:42 +0100

Jos Backus wrote:
    Hi,

Is it just me or has the debugger been disabled recently? I ran a cvs update a
few minutes ago and I no longer see it listed in the menu.

As Curt said I'm in the process of putting the debugger back on track and therefore the debugger plugin is disbaled by default. However I welcome those who would like to give it a try. It works quite well now on Ruby/Linux 1.6.6+ and 1.8.0

To activate the debugger simply edit the following files and set the autoload parameter to true and restart FR

plugins/rubyide_tools_debugger/plugin.yaml
plugins/rubyide_tools_fox_debugger/plugin.yaml

ENjoy!

PS: using the debugger is quite straigthforward. The only thing you have to know is that to set a breakpoint you must shift-click in the left hand side column of the e3dit pane.