freeride-devel

[FR-devel] Introduction

From: Jos Backus
Subject: [FR-devel] Introduction
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:44:22 -0800

A few words about myself: I am a network engineer/sysadmin at Microsoft/MSN TV
in Mountain View, CA. I am a Dutch citizen married to an American, and we have
been here in the Valley for slightly under 3 years. Over the course of the
last year I have been learning Ruby for the purpose of it replacing Perl for
day to day sysadmin/scripting tasks. During that time I have even managed to
get some collleagues interested in it as well, and there's even an internal
mailing list dedicated to discussing Ruby (unfortunately I seem to be the only
one posting to it). My favorite computing platform is FreeBSD (I track
-current at home and at work). FreeRIDE has great potential to become the
standard Ruby development environment, and I am happy to contribute in
whatever small way I can.

Groetjes,
--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA