freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE presentation accepted at OSCON.

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE presentation accepted at OSCON.
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:20:43 -0800

Richard Kilmer wrote:

> O'Reilly's 2003 Open Source Convention (OSCON) has accepted my proposal
> to present FreeRIDE.  This is cool news for both Ruby and our project.
> Its not until July so we have time (but we must keep moving forward...I
> know, I know...that includes me too ;-)
>
> I get a 45 minute slot to present.  The conference dates are the
> 7th-11th of July in Portland OR.
>
> I will keep the list informed as I hear more about the day of the
> presentation.

This is great Rich!

Here's a decision I have been hinting at, but I think I will make it
official -- I'm going to (continue to) drop out of wxRuby development so
that I can devote my energies to FreeRIDE (at least between now and OSCON).
There are a number of high priority things that I want to get into FreeRIDE
by that time.

To Bob Calco: there was no response from Peter about picking up the ball for
moving forward with the SWIG version of wxRuby, so feel free to pursue you
original plan with Cable.

Curt