Re: ReRe: [Freepooma-devel] <pooma>/src/Particles/InterpolatorCIC.h

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: ReRe: [Freepooma-devel] <pooma>/src/Particles/InterpolatorCIC.h
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:11:24 +0200

John H. Hall wrote:
Roman:
Richard is right in that one should create a specialized object rather than loading up the code base with a bunch of conditionals. I don't have time to figure out what should be specialized in this case, but from a software engineering point of view that is the way to go. Maintenance over the entire software life cycle is the operative principal here and specialization (and therefore encapsulation of conditional cases is superior to explicit conditionals that end up popping up everywhere breaking encapsulation).
John Hall