RE: [pooma-dev] std:: Policy for PoomaOps.in?

From: James Crotinger
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] std:: Policy for PoomaOps.in?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:18:39 -0600

> This is probably a rare occurrence, but, one that should be
> considered. Actually, its pretty close to time for Pooma to enter the
> namespace world, don't you think?
> John Hall

Not until everyone has Koenig lookup implemented correctly.

Actually, some stuff in Pooma (mostly later stuff that doesn't deal with _expression_ templates) is in the Pooma:: namespace. But putting template functions in the Pooma namespace would be a pain in the rear (for users) unless the namespace lookup stuff is done right. I think KCC 4.0 was supposed to do this right, but that's a fairly recent development. I don't know about GCC, MetroWerks, SGI CC, etc.

        Jim