Re: [pooma-dev] std:: Policy for PoomaOps.in?

From: John Hall
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] std:: Policy for PoomaOps.in?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:38:24 -0600

Jeffrey:
I recently had occasion to add a field of small structs I called tsEstimate, which required me to override two functions in "std" space to get things to compile. If the PoomaOps code had not specifically requested std:: I could have left the new functions in an out of the way namespace. Instead, I had to add them to std to get the code used.

This is probably a rare occurrence, but, one that should be considered. Actually, its pretty close to time for Pooma to enter the namespace world, don't you think?
John Hall

        What is the Pooma code policy for prefixing "std::" to
functions in src/Pooma/PETE/PoomaOps.in?  For example, should "std::"
be added before "abs"?

Thanks for the comments,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden