status report

From: Allan Stokes
Subject: status report
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:12:18 -0700

Last week I configured the DocBook environment and toolchain under w2k and
unix.  I familiarized myself with DocBook authoring in the psgml environment
and the document features required by the Pooma documentation.  I began
setting up a Redhat 7.1 environment to run the most recent KAI release.

This week I will complete the configuration of my Redhat environment.
Following Mark's advice I will set up my primary Pooma checkout on the
Redhat machine and access it indirectly from NT via Samba.  This will
eliminate some issues keeping my experimental changes consistent between my
two working environments.  In the past I've used CVS locally for this
purpose, which is not viable here.

I will author a trial document exploring features of DocBook, such as
equations, where Pooma has special needs.  I will solicit further discussion
of Pooma's documentation requirements.