Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Vector.h: s/iosfwd/ios/

From: Julian Cummings
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Vector.h: s/iosfwd/ios/
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:57:06 -0700

Maybe I am doing something wrong or just going crazy,
but I cannot verify this patch.  Every compiler that I have
tried so far (SGI CC 7.3.1.1m, KCC 4.0a, gcc 2.95.2) does
the same thing when I try to compile CartesianTest1.  They
all give errors in DomainTraits.int.h, saying that you cannot
specialize a class template after its first use.  They are pointing
to the various specializations of DomainTraits for the C
built-in integral types.  What I cannot figure out is where the
DomainTraits template is used previously that would cause
this error.  It looks to me like DomainTraits.int.h just includes
DomainTraits.h and then defines the specializations.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with any compiler,
including the ones I have mentioned?  I am working with the
head version of r2 from the repository.  Help!!

Thanks, Julian C.

--
Dr. Julian C. Cummings                       E-mail: address@hidden
California Institute of Technology           Phone:  626-395-2543