RE: [pooma-admin] POOMA Web Site

From: James Crotinger
Subject: RE: [pooma-admin] POOMA Web Site
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 11:07:48 -0700

Mark, on the download page it says:

 "If you wish to use the parallel features of POOMA, you must also downloads SMARTS."

This is not quite correct - SMARTS is only necessary if you want to achieve parallelism via threads. Pooma 2.3 also supports parallelism through multiprocessing and message passing. In order to use those features, you need Cheetah (at one point you needed Cheetah regardless, but perhaps that is no longer true). We should probably put the Cheetah release on our web site along with a link to the Cheetah web page.

Otherwise, I think this looks pretty good.

Once we get our Nirvana accounts back, we may be able to update the old POOMA web page (depending on who owns these pages now).

        Jim