Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Patch: Miscellaneous Array, Engine, and Field Chang

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Patch: Miscellaneous Array, Engine, and Field Changes
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:33:04 -0700

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:23:46AM -0600, Dave Nystrom wrote:

> Do your changes fix the problems I was reporting with instantiation and also
> compiling for parallel with Cheetah?

No, they attempt to fix difficulties I found when investigating on
your explicit instantiation problem, but I still have not solved that
problem.  Scott Haney put your explicit instantiation problem in the
short list of tasks to solve, but higher priority was finishing
thinking about operators.

I'm building Pooma on Irix6.5 using g++ and KCC right now to see if I
can flush out more problems and then use KCC's error messages to see
if I can make more progress on your difficulties.  For you, does the
Cheetah problem have higher or lower priority than the explicit
instantiation problem?

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden