Re: [fluid-dev] Recent discussions on sysex commands and the MIDI Tuning

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Recent discussions on sysex commands and the MIDI Tuning Standard
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:22:00 -0700

> I had another look at the FluidSynth source, though. It seems like voices
> start out with no tuning prog defined. So even when you change tuning prog 0
> using the Sysex messages, that tuning won't be used. Try adding RPN messages
> to select tuning prog 0 for your channel before sending the real-time tuning
> Sysex messages.

I've attached a new file. I *think* I've done what you suggested by
sending control codes 100:0, 100:3, 6:0. Unfortunately the results are
the same: no quarter-tones with FluidSynth but Timidity plays it fine.

By the way, what does the tuning program parameter even mean? The
problem I ran into with Timidity is that if I tried to send two sysex
commands to the same note at the same time even on different channels,
it wasn't able to handle it. Would changing the program for each voice
I want fix that problem?