Re: [fluid-dev] Recent discussions on sysex commands and the MIDI Tuning

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Recent discussions on sysex commands and the MIDI Tuning Standard
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 18:21:35 +0200

Hi David,

Am 17.08.2016 5:22 nachm. schrieb "David Bellows" <address@hidden>:

> Actually that MIDI note shouldn't really matter as it's the sysex
> command that contains the pitch information for the note that's being
> re-assigned (1 in this case) to what it's supposed to sound like (60 +
> 2048 pitch bend, for example).

Ah, my bad. I didn't read the MTS spec carefully enough.

I had another look at the FluidSynth source, though. It seems like voices start out with no tuning prog defined. So even when you change tuning prog 0 using the Sysex messages, that tuning won't be used. Try adding RPN messages to select tuning prog 0 for your channel before sending the real-time tuning Sysex messages.

Cheers,

Marcus