Re: [fluid-dev] Should playback_callback receive MIDI file events?

From: Matt Giuca
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Should playback_callback receive MIDI file events?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:32:17 +1000

So the question is what to do about the SET_TEMPO event? I think the most reasonable at this point would be to both handle it and pass it on to the callback, even if that would disable the callback's possibility to override/handle the set_tempo event itself.

Yes, but a more general question is what to do about all meta-events (EOT and SET_TEMPO included). Just because we handle these two events specially in fluid_midi.c doesn't make them any more special, as you pointed out on the ticket. So I think it only makes sense to either forward all meta-events, or none of them. (This would probably end up as a special case in the code for EOT and SET_TEMPO, but from the API standpoint those two events are not special cases.)