Re: [fluid-dev] First Try Failure

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] First Try Failure
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 18:31:00 +0200

On Sunday 04 September 2011, Lane Lester wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Graham Goode <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > If you're only playing Midi files then ALSA is fine. If you're playing live
> > & wanting to add effects or route audio into other apps then use Jackd
>

> Yes, I'll only play MIDI. But QSynth refused to work without Jackd. So I
> installed Jackd, and there's still a problem. Part of the output says that
> device "hw:0" is in use and the application using it needs to be stopped.
>
> I couldn't copy and paste the QSynth output, so here's a screenshot:
> http://i.imgur.com/lqiXL.png

Like the CLI program "fluidsynth", QSynth defaults to jack. But you can
configure a different audio driver in the "Setup" dialog->"Audio" tab->"Audio
driver" combo: http://qsynth.sourceforge.net/image/qsynthSetupForm2.png

QSynth also accepts almost all the fluidsynth command line arguments.

Regards,
Pedro