Re: [fluid-dev] Revised patch for allNotesOff, allSoundsOff

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Revised patch for allNotesOff, allSoundsOff
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:54:45 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 1/28/11, David Henningsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> In think you missed my original comment:
>
> Can you elaborate on where/why this is useful? These are
> not public API
> functions and aren't used anywhere. I was thinking of
> removing the ones
> not starting with _LOCAL.
>
> // David

Sorry, I missed it.

I do play around with vkeybd.  Sometimes the mouse or keyboard switched out
before the note is released and I got stucknotes.  Playing with aplaymidi and
Ctrl-C out of it leaves stuck notes.  I try other stuff, too, but those are the
simplest examples.

Short of trying the "fluid_synth_system_reset()" (which also reset all the
current settings for all channels, which I don't want most of the time).  I
simply need to turn all the notes/voices off without having to call the full
"fluid_synth_system_reset()".

Of course, I prefer not having to call allNotesOff/allSoundsOff once per
channel.

Jimmy