Re: [fluid-dev] callbacks

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] callbacks
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:37:16 +0100

On 2010-11-07 21:20, Jari Suominen wrote:
Hi there!

I'm developing simple sampler program on top of fluidsynth and am
wondering that is there any way to receive callbacks when voices
finish/loop etc.

Depending on what you're planning to do, you might want to help out with SWAMI or QSynth instead of building yet another FluidSynth frontend.

Like if I have one sample that is x seconds long
assigned to some key on my soundfont and after that sample has played
through.

Reason for doing this is that I would like to build a custom controller
that would have visual feedback of what is happening inside fluidsynth
engine.

Any ideas how to achieve this. Or did I just miss something in the API?

There is no way (in the API) to get such callbacks. It is possible you might be able to poll for whether a voice has disappeared or not using fluid_synth_get_voicelist. Note that usage of this function from a thread-safe perspective might need some additional thought to make sure the voices don't disappear in parallel with you trying to read them...