CMake (was Re: [fluid-dev] Voice renderer, and fluid_voice_t)

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: CMake (was Re: [fluid-dev] Voice renderer, and fluid_voice_t)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:32:31 +0200

On Sunday, June 20, 2010, David Henningsson wrote:
> To get to know the voice code better, I've done some refactoring which
> is already in trunk. And as the number of source files increase, so does
> the need for subdirectories. Any objections to me organizing the source
> files in subdirectories?

There is an alternative CMake build system in trunk, added in SVN revision
#287 (3 months ago). See also ticket #38,
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/ticket/38

I've announced it on this list, and asked for comments and testing. Nobody
answered, reported problems or success.

Today, it is not possible to compile FluidSynth using this new build system,
because there are source files that weren't included in src/CMakeLists.txt, a
file with a simple syntax not very different from src/Makefile.am that has
been updated.

I think that there are advantages in using CMake (see README.cmake) but if
nobody else supports it except me, it would be a waste to keep and maintain
it.

I don't have any objection about organizing the source files in
subdirectories, but that would require keeping in sync both build systems. If
you are not interested, please feel free to remove the files added in
revision #287 and close the ticket #38.

Regards,
Pedro