[fluid-dev] Router Rules to get more than one sound on one channel

From: Lutz Morelater
Subject: [fluid-dev] Router Rules to get more than one sound on one channel
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:18:22 +0200

Hi,

I have finally found a way to use the fluidsynth router rules for getting more
than one sound to play on one channel at the same time.

Now there are some things I have to work out:

1.) What is the maximum number of router_chan roules that can be active at the
same time? I have routed channel 1 to 20 virtual channels, it works. But I
get crackled and stuttering sound very easily. How could I improve that?

2.) How could I remove one particular router roule from the router
roule "chain"? I think that one can only delete all roules alltogether or add
one roule by one.

3.) How can I create a " NO SOUND"-preset? I need something like that to
mute/deactivate a virtual channel. It is not possible to simply select a
non-existing sound in a soundfont file (fluid will give an error message in
this case). The reason I need it is that all virtual channels are active at
the same time because of the router_chan roules. But each channel needs its
own preset to play. If "ON", it plays one of the sounds I want, if "OFF" it
should play nothing and be muted/deactivated. But I cannot simply remove a
router roule.

For testing purposes I have set each virtual channel to play one particular
sound (that means "stop pulled"). But how can I "switch off" a virtual
channel? To gain some processing power as well?

Thanks for any hint and regards,
Lutz.