Re: [fluid-dev] Crashing bug in fluidsynth (CVS)

From: Mo DeJong
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Crashing bug in fluidsynth (CVS)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:18:39 -0700

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 01:44:37 -0700
Mo DeJong <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is running in a 32 bit Win32 machine. As far as I can tell, this has
> nothing
> to do with the decl type of fluid_phase_t, there is something very wrong with
> the pointer voice->sample->data, it seems that when the dsp code in
> fluid_voice.c is entered, the voice->sample->data has already gone bad

The attached patch adds an array access before entering the dsp loop to
make it easier to see this problem. It also fixes up the code so that it is
valid C code (decls before use) when the SSE ifdef is enabled. The patch
also moves dsp_buf onto the heap instead of keeping it on the stack since
that makes it easier to debug with a malloc debugger in case something
were to go wrong in the processing loop. The patch adds two locals
dsp_data_start and dsp_data_end that track the dsp_data bounds and
adds some #if commented code to check the bounds in the dsp loop if
a developer wanted to enable those extra checks.

cheers
Mo DeJong