firefly-dev

Re: [Firefly-dev] DB update

From: firefly-dev
Subject: Re: [Firefly-dev] DB update
Date: 12 Apr 2003 11:13:10 +0200

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 05:58, address@hidden wrote:
> Ok, I got the database running but now I am getting errors with your
> code. Here is the last part of the error.
> John Hornbeck

you are getting errors due the previous attempt to create the db,
something in db has already been created in the previous operation and postgres
get mad
if you try to insert something that is already in.
However I think now you have a database cluster which is not a simple db ;)

You should better delete everything, our app is still not at enterprise levels
;)
i don't know how to delete a cluster, I have never created one sorry.
I think it's better if you uninstall postgresql and follow the below procedure.

To create the db you have first to create a user that will own it:

1) <-(address@hidden)-(1/pts)-(10:29am:04/12/03)->
   <-($:/home/marco)-> su postgres

2) sh-2.05a$ createuser -d -a -P hornbeck (-d grants permission to create db,
-a to create users, -P use pwd auth)

3) as root edit /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf
   ath the end of file replace these two lines:

   local        all                                     ident sameuser
   host         all     127.0.0.1       255.0.0.0       ident sameuser

   with:

   local        all                                     md5
   host         all     127.0.0.1       255.0.0.0       md5

4) <-(address@hidden)-(2/pts)-(10:30am:04/12/03)->
   <-($:/home/marco)-> /etc/init.d/postgresql reload

5) --(address@hidden)-(3/pts)-(10:31am:04/12/03)--
   --($:~)-- createdb --encoding=UNICODE firefly

6) --(address@hidden)-(4/pts)-(10:32am:04/12/03)--
   --($:~)-- psql firefly < firefly.sql

You'll see lots of "notice" and "create", they are ok you can ignore them.
I've just finish to test this setup and it works correctly, let me know if you
experience other problems.

Marco