firefly-dev

[Firefly-dev] DB update

From: firefly-dev
Subject: [Firefly-dev] DB update
Date: 12 Apr 2003 01:16:02 +0200

db is working, it is not complete but at least it's stable and doesn't
give more errors.
There are some minor problems to fix but they are not very important
now.

I'm writing a file to help you to setup the db and one with some sample
queries, however i have to make some views in the db so the code is not
definitive yet...
These files are not completed so I'll commit them tomorrow, it's too
late here and I'm really tired :)

However, if you have already configured postgres you can add the db in
two steps, from a shell type:

$ createdb --encoding=UNICODE firefly  # create a db called firefly
$ psql firefly < firefly.sql   # import all the data into the firefly db

There are various tool to "browse" the db, I use phpPGAdmin, a web
interface for postgresql databases written in php, still incomplete but
easy to use, however I haven't tried the others alterntive so I don't
know if they are better.

Marco

P.S. I wanted to make a dir in the cvs called "db" to put all the stuff
related to the db in there but cvs gave me some weird errors :(
Can someone make it for me please ? otherwise the more we add files to
the repository the more it will get disordered.
thanks