fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] FHSST funding proposal

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] FHSST funding proposal
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 04:25:14 +0200 (SAST)

Hi all

On Thursday we submitted an application to attend an education bazaar
being hosted by the shuttleworth foundation (www.tsf.org.za). This will be
an oppurtunity for selected projects to meet potential sponsors. The
criteria for selection dictated the scope and theme of the proposal.
It is SA-centric because the bazaar is for education projects focused
on making an impact in two specific regions of SA. This in no way
restricts the scope of use.

I have attached the proposal for everyone to take a look at if you are
interested - please at least read the project motivation. The proposal includes
a project plan
and a budget :).

If we get money then we'll have a strong, stable base from which to
continue the project in SA, try to get translations going and get foreign
education intitiatives
interested in using/extending the books.

Hope you've all had a good easter weekend.

Take care

Mark

--
Mark Horner

UCT-CERN Research Centre
Physics Department
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch
7700
South Africa

Phone: +27 21 650 3366 (office)
Phone: +27 83 564 6272 (cellular)
Fax:   +27 21 650 3342
AIM:   marknewlyn

Homepage:
http://hep.phy.uct.ac.za/~horner

Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"It went well. There are no problems, and, as a bonus, it showed that I
have a brain!"
- Stormers and Springbok backrower CORNE KRIGE speaking after undergoing a
precautionary brain scan after a clash of heads during a Super 12 match.