fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] British Spelling

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] British Spelling
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:57:05 +0100

hi there everybody,

i was just checking the CVS logs and i noticed entries doing such things as

  Rationalising -> Rationalizing
  symbolised    -> symbolized

just to remind people that this is a South African Textbook project and that
means British English... not American or Canadian!!! "fixing" spelling mistakes
like this at this stage will only cause us grief when it comes to final editing.

it should be trivial for any non-english speakers (yes, that means you
americans!) to temporarily change their dictionaries to en_GB if they wish to
run a spell checker. we will be glad to accept commits in American... but please
do not change what is already there TO american.

also, i intend to one day write LaTeX macros which mean we can use english
spelling instead of american when it comes to things like \textcolor [sic]

thank you, and keep up the good work everybody!

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts