fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] /usr/bin/wall through fab

From: Robert Terhaar
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] /usr/bin/wall through fab
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:08:18 -0500

On Jan 25, 2012, at 6:31 AM, Nicolas Maupu wrote:

You can also pipe from `echo`:

    run("echo 'a test' | wall")

Indeed, it's not a fab issue, but a shell issue. That's why command such as expect exists :
http://linux.die.net/man/1/expect

It that particular case, it's just standard unix command issue. Man wall says : "Wall displays the contents of file or, by default, its standard input", that's it.

Because I'm lazy (or just really like quotes...)

I like to do this for getting messages into wall:

run("""/bin/bash -c "echo 'this is a message' | wall" """)