fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Proposal: remote execution of Python code

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Proposal: remote execution of Python code
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:13:23 -0500

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Richard Jones <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, no, it's for remote system deployment where we need to perform
> operations on the remote end that currently require us to copy a script to
> that system and execute it (which is your proposed workaround).

Can you give a concrete example, then? I can't think of anything
offhand that Fabric cannot currently do along those lines; it can
execute any remote shell command (normally and via sudo), local shell
commands, put/get files, and is capable of obtaining the output of the
remote commands and performing logic based on those results.

So if your concern isn't about where the calculations are actually
performed, Fabric should be able to do what you need.

-Jeff