[ESPResSo-users] Particle size distribution

From: Milena Smiljanic
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Particle size distribution
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:50:38 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to run simulation with particles that have different diameters (what means with different friction coefficients), in combination with Langevin thermostat. I found in ESPResSo's user guide: part pid [gamma g ] - sets the nondimensional frictional coefficient gamma individually for the particle with id, but in my case it returns an error message:

unknown particle parameter "gamma"
while executing
"part 0 pos 5 5 5 type 0  gamma 0.033"

I've tried only with those features BOND_ANGLE, COLLISION_DETECTION, LENNARD_JONES, PARTIAL_PERIODIC, VIRTUAL_SITES_RELATIVE in myconfig.hpp
Is there another way to define different particle size?

With kind  regards,
Milena

--
Milena Smiljanic