epix-users

Re: [ePiX-users] "No symlinks" epix patch

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [ePiX-users] "No symlinks" epix patch
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 00:29:09 -0600

"Andrew D. Hwang" <address@hidden> writes:

> The attached file patches epix, replacing "ln -s" with "cp -p" in line 269
> and avoiding use of symbolic links in the script.
>
> The patched script works for me on a vfat USB drive.

Well, it does for me now, too.
It didn't at first, and so I spent some time digging through the epix
internals until I finally figured out that I had somehow managed to
mount my drive without allowing executables to run on it.  So I fixed
that, and now it works great.  I also changed the "ln -s" to "cp -p" in
elaps and flix; it seems to work too.

Thanks for fixing this, and so quickly.  I'll be spending part of
tomorrow typing some notes, and this will save me some time.

Jay