epix-users

[ePiX-users] Compilation failing after install

From: Ben Tillman
Subject: [ePiX-users] Compilation failing after install
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:11:14 +1100

Hello everyone,

The machine I do most of my latex work on runs windows xp, so per the setup file I installed cygwin and all of the recommended packages. No problems there. Compilation and installation of epix went fine, and I even setup emacs to recognise the .xp files. Again, no problems. However, as soon as I try to compile an .xp file, I get the following error:

$ epix -v sphere.xp
epix: Processing sphere.xp:
epix: /usr/bin/g++ epix-3232/sphere-tmp.cc -w -o epix-3232/sphere -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib/epix -lm -lepix
epix: WARNING: Compilation of sphere.xp failed

Transcript written on sphere_xp.log

If it matters, that was one of the tutorial files included in the epix package. I've tried some of the other files included, and even some of the files from the gallery section of the website, but it always seem to choke after that first line.

I'm really at a loss here. I can't find any mention of this happening on the net, and the error message doesn't seem to give me any indication of what I should be looking to fix, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben.