Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing

From: Ingo van Lil
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 15:44:15 +0200

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 01:55:37PM +0200, Daniel Heck wrote:

> One solution might be to install a wrapper script that calls the real
> program file after disabling the screen saver via xset, but is that what
> we want?

That's what I'm currently doing, but I consider it a hack rather than a
solution.
I'm gonna upgrade my SDL from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6 today and if it still
happens I'm gonna write them a bug report. It looks like it's a bug that
happens if the mouse is exclusively handled by SDL (i.e. the pointer is
grabbed or the game runs in fullscreen mode). BTW: The KDE screen saver
seems to be clever enough to disable itself as long as the mouse is
grabbed.

> I will leave it as it is for now but will have a look at other
> games to see how they solve the problem for the next release.

I'm quite sure other games don't solve the problem because they are not
affected.

        Bye,
         Ingo