Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing

From: Torbjorn.E.Andersson
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:04:04 +0200

Ingo van Lil wrote:

> Linux. And it is the normal X screen blanker (xset s 600), not a KDE or
> Gnome screensaver. It looks like mouse motion events handled by Enigma
> don't reset the screensaver's inactivity timer.

I don't know if it's related, but I remember I used to have a problem like
this with one of Loki Game's ports that was played with the mouse only.
After a while the monitor would go into power-saving mode. I think I
submitted a bug report for this, but that it was never decided if it was
an SDL bug or an XFree86 bug.

I eventually got around it by setting an environment variable - I think it
was SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE, but I'm not at my Linux box at the moment so I
can't check - to 0. I'm not sure exactly what the effect of this is, but
I've been using it ever since without any ill effects.

Torbjörn Andersson

--
TietoEnator Resource Management AB
Persona