[emms-help] Multiple sound cards / volume change

From: Bob Newell
Subject: [emms-help] Multiple sound cards / volume change
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:14:21 -1000

Aloha,

When I got an Asus laptop I ran into trouble with volume changes from
the keyboard. To make a long story short it seems emms-volume-amixer.el
assumes the card for Master volume is 0. But it turned out to be 1 on
this laptop. At least, the call-process to "amixer" doesn't include the
"-c" option which will default the card to 0.

I have fixed this with a rewrite of emms-volume-amixer.el, which I've
attached. I apologize that this is a quick and dirty solution, but I've
not seen this problem mentioned anywhere, and maybe it can get properly
fixed in a future release.

Mahalo,

--
Bob Newell