Re: [emms-help] emms-setup question

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-setup question
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:36:20 +0200

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:

> Looking at emms-setup you can see that it needs updating. I guess that
> the first three levels: "minimalistic", "tiny" and "default" can stay
> exactly the same.
>
> The question is how to distribute the remaining functionality between
> "advanced" and "cvs". What is the policy here? Since the packages at
> this level have changed somewhat they need re-distribution.

I would suggest the following four levels:

`minimalistic' - My setup. Invisible playlist, just add and be happy.
`standard' - Playlist buffer, but no other modifications of the
    mode line etc.
`fancy' - Everything we have in emms. Show-off.
`edge' - Same as fancy, except that here, new features are added
    in the development version (to be moved to `fancy' on the next
    release)
`custom' - A new type, which expects a list of things to use. I.e.
    (emms-setup 'custom "~/snd/" '(playlist-mode info mode-line
                                   streams lyrics playing-time))
    or so.

But since I don't use emms-default.el, that's up to whoever does :-]

Btw, shouldn't emms-default.el be renamed to emms-setup.el?

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))