Re: [emms-help] When will EMMS 2.0 be on savannah ?

From: William XWL
Subject: Re: [emms-help] When will EMMS 2.0 be on savannah ?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:48:38 +0800

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> William XWL <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I take some time looking into EMMS 2.0. Well, the improvements are
>> pretty nice. Some ideas(such as merging `emms-player-extension.el'
> into
>> `emms.el') i used to wondering get done.
>>
>> When will we move up to EMMS 2.0 on savannah? so as to update each
>> modules in accordance with changes.
>
> This is a good question.
>
> I quite distaste CVS, so I am also checking how well we can
> support EMMS development with darcs only. But I'm not decided on
> this subject yet.

Seems there are few differences between cvs and darcs. I'm okay with
either, though i'm more familiar with cvs. But i wonder whether savannah
supports darcs.

> I don't think it's useful to move to Savannah before we have a
> good replacement - a very central part of EMMS for many people,

Yes... First time i was trying with EMMS 2.0, it wouldn't popup the
playlist really gave me a big surprise. Still suffering with it... And
this makes me think of putting EMMS 2.0 on savannah, since i think it's
more comfortable to check out and commit with cvs, than sending mails in
darcs currently. Do you run a darcs server?

> the pbi, is still missing.

If someone is brave enough to taste cvs, he should also prepare for the
possible pains. :-) But this does be an essential point.

> So I guess we can happily merge once that is done.

> Also, the info stuff is not yet done. As I don't use ID3 stuff,
> does the current info stuff work for emms 2? :-]

If you were talking about info retrieval, i didn't find any
wrong. emms-mode-line-string, playing time... all seem okay.

--
William