Re: [emms-help] Re: To list or not to list

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: To list or not to list
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:00:22 +0200

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> I'll wait for the API breakage :)

Don't wait much longer - here it is!

darcs get http://www.kollektiv-hamburg.de/~forcer/darcs/emms/

will give you my private branch with the emms changes. They break
about every module there is in emms, so I would ask you all to
check out whether you can make your modules work with it.

It does lack emms-sort and emms-shuffle support for now, but I'll
add that next.

If you find any problems in adapting your modes to this, please
let me know.

The main change will be for emms-pbi. Basically, it can be
completely dropped. It needs a completely new mode. Any volunteers
for this? dbrock has some interesting ideas in his bongo music
player, too.

I think it would be useful if the emms-playlist-buffer-mode was
written first, because I can imagine that it will require some API
changes.

For emms-info, I think it needs to be ported to use only
`emms-track-initialize-functions', possibly in conjunction with
later-do.

If you have any problems, let me know.

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))