[emms-help] Feature idea

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: [emms-help] Feature idea
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 07:17:05 +0200

Hello dear EMMS users !

Yesterday, despite my half-brain, Jorgen managed to explain me the
concept of `define-emms-playlist' :

(define-emms-playlist all t '((emms-source-directory-tree "dir")))

will create `emms-play-all' and `emms-add-all' with the directory
"dir".

Similarly :

(define-emms-playlist pink-floyd t '((emms-source-directory-tree "dir/Pink
Floyd")))

will create `emms-play-pink-floyd'.

It looked interesting to me, and I really like it. But I thought about
something : how about adding a description to that playlist creation,
and showing a little menu ? Just like the streams, but for favourites
playlists :

*My Pink Floyd Best Of*
      "dir/1" "dir/2" ...
*Rock compilation*
      "dir/3" ...
*Georges Brassens*
      "dir/4" ...

A bit like the playlist-export capability, but with a description, and a
menu to choose. And of course some helper functions to add to a
favourite.

What do you think ?

--
Lucas