RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-id locks up emacs

From: mirko.vukovic
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-id locks up emacs
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:40:51 -0400

Here is progress so far.

I am still using my full emacs startup.  I typically maintain a separate emacs
session for the planner, and another for other day-to-day work.

>From experiments so far, if I have (require 'planner-id) in my .emacs, emacs
>will lock-up if I "M-x plan" page in a *new day*.  So, what I can do is quit
>the emacs planner session in the morning, and start it fresh without (require
>'planner-id).  I then do "M-x plan" and then manually load planner-id.  Things
>then work.  Furthermore, if I "M-x plan" the same day, with planner-id loaded,
>everything works fine.

Tomorrow morning, instead of quitting the planner session, I will try to
unload-feature planner-id before trying M-x plan.

Following previous suggestions, this morning I did toggle-debugger-on-break.
The debugger output from these morning's adventures is attached.

The planner relevant portion of my .emacs file is:

(setq muse-mode-auto-p t)
(when (and (locate-library "planner")
               (locate-library "muse"))
      (setq planner-project "WikiPlans")
      (setq planner-directory "~/.plans")
      (setq planner-default-page "TaskPool")
      ;; Tell muse about planner.  We use add-hook instead of
      ;; add-to-list because muse might not be loaded yet.
      (add-hook 'muse-project-alist
                (list planner-project
                      (list planner-directory
                            :default planner-default-page
                            :major-mode 'planner-mode
                            :visit-link 'planner-visit-link))))
;;(require 'planner-id) ;; necessary for task id's
(require 'planner-cyclic)
;; http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2005-11/msg00326.html
(setq muse-file-extension nil)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.muse$" . muse-mode))

Awaiting further opinions and suggestions,

Mirko