[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse as frontend to mediawiki?

From: joakim
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse as frontend to mediawiki?
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 16:52:39 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> This sounds like an excellent TODO list candidate for Muse 3.04 (two
> releases away).

That sounds nice!

There are several aspects to this:

- making Muse have the same markup as mediawiki, or other wikis,
preferably on decidable on a dynamic basis.

I havent looked into this, but I sense that its already possible.

- opening and saving pages to mediawiki

mediawiki.el was supposed to do this, but it has problems with
authentification. I was able to hardcode in my mediawiki
authentification cookies, but it still didnt work, because aparently
the cgi interface had changed.

The Trac wiki supports an xml-rpc interface, that maybe is standard.
See http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/XmlRpcPlugin

If this interace could be supported, and one could find out if
mediawiki supports it also, it would be very cool.

Maybe another option is to learn Tramp how to save to wikis.

I havent researched these options much, so I could be misstaken.